Church of Predazzo

Chiesa parrocchiale di Predazzo | © Foto Archivio Apt Val di Fiemme

The parish church consecrated to St. Philip and James in Predazzo was built between 1865 and 1872, substituting the old gothic church (whose fundaments are included in perimeter of the current town hall), which was getting too small, due to the population growth. The old church was probably located in the area of the primitive chapel consecrated to St. James. Therefore, the town festival is celebrated on July 25th, on the day of St. James the Greater, even though the protectors of the church have been St. Philip and James the Less for centuries.
The project was commissioned to the engineer Michele Mayer, who chose the neo-gothic style and included the use of local stones such as marble and granite in the construction. The town inhabitants were really proud of the ten octagonal columns carved from one single block of monzonite. The help of many expert masons from Predazzo was essential during the edification of the building.

In 2005 restoration works inside and outside the church, together with the replacement of the floor and the walls painting, gave back decorum, brightness and harmony to the building, which now looks monumental and welcoming.



You may also like ...

49 results

Sanctuary of San Romedio

The Sanctuary of San Romedio, an enchanted place full of spirituality.

Chiesa di S. Maria Assunta

Chiesa di S. Maria Assunta - Villa Lagarina

Santa Maria Assunta was the symbol of Counts Lodron's power.

Chiesa di S. Vigilio

St. Vigil Church and the Franciscan Fathers convent

The biggest Franciscan church of the region Trentino

Rovereto, the city of art and peace

Chiesa di S. Marco - Rovereto

Mozart held his first public Italian concert in the Church of San...

Chiesa di S. Vittore

The Church of S. Vittore di Tonadico is a treasure box of pictorial...

Santuario della Madonna di Pinè

The Sanctuary of Madonna di Pinè is the heart of Marian...

Chiesa di S. Lorenzo | © Foto Archivio Apt Terme di Comano

Chiesa di S. Lorenzo

S. Lorenzo in Vigo Lomaso is the most important Romanesque church in...

Church of St. Maria Assunta – Cavalese

One of the symbols of Val di Fiemme

Sanctuary of San Romedio

The Sanctuary of San Romedio, an enchanted place full of spirituality.

Read more ...
Chiesa di S. Maria Assunta

Chiesa di S. Maria Assunta - Villa Lagarina

Santa Maria Assunta was the symbol of Counts Lodron's power.

Read more ...
Chiesa di S. Vigilio

St. Vigil Church and the Franciscan Fathers convent

The biggest Franciscan church of the region Trentino

Read more ...
Rovereto, the city of art and peace

Chiesa di S. Marco - Rovereto

Mozart held his first public Italian concert in the Church of San Marco in Rovereto.

Read more ...

Chiesa di S. Vittore

The Church of S. Vittore di Tonadico is a treasure box of pictorial art.

Read more ...

Santuario della Madonna di Pinè

The Sanctuary of Madonna di Pinè is the heart of Marian devotion in Trentino.

Read more ...
Chiesa di S. Lorenzo | © Foto Archivio Apt Terme di Comano

Chiesa di S. Lorenzo

S. Lorenzo in Vigo Lomaso is the most important Romanesque church in Trentino

Read more ...

Church of St. Maria Assunta – Cavalese

One of the symbols of Val di Fiemme

Read more ...

Churches, heritages and sanctuaries